Even if it only takes a few minutes, creating product groups (Shopify collection page) can have a significant positive impact on your online store.
What is Shopify Collection Page?
Shopify collection page is groupings of products allowing you to organize your products into groups by category, making it simpler for your consumers to find what they are looking for.
The manner in which you choose to categorize your collections is entirely up to you, the store owner, and may vary based on the nature of your Shopify store or the nature of your business relationship with your partner.
However, it is recommended that similar items be grouped together. Most commonly seen Shopify collections include:
- Product type: In a cosmetics shop, you can find a wide variety of product categories, including those dedicated to targeted areas of the face and body, such as the eyes, lips, and face.
- Partnership: Companies are teaming up to create new lines, like Colourpop‘s Harry Potter collaboration.
- Seasons, Size, and Color (i.e Summer and winter collections)
- Products that are currently discounted
To create an effective Shopify collection page, visualize how a buyer would shop for your products. Collections serve the same role for your online shop as the various departments do in a physical one.
So, to put this idea into practice, let’s analyze an example — Allbirds provides an accurate representation of the shoe inventory available in store.
In our shoe store, there are three favorite categories recommended by Allbirds:
- Shoe for everyday
- Shoe for running
- Shoe for lounging
These product categories can serve as our store’s three primary Shopify collections, which is a wonderful place to start. The albums will be divided into more manageable categories to make them easier to find. This is often categorized based on usage.
What is the Shopify Collection page used for?
Depending on the owner’s business goals and marketing plan, an online store may feature a few to dozens of collections. The main advantage of having collections is to make it simpler for customers to browse your business or find products.
Here are some illustrations of clever and useful product collection pages:
- Grouping goods according to customer’s demographics such as age or gender, such as men, women, or children
- Bestsellers: The simplest technique to attract customers and point them toward goods with quality guarantees is to bring together a selection of your most well-liked products.
- New arrivals create a fresh buzz. An enjoyable buying experience requires that your clients get the impression that they purchased the item first.
- Place-based collection – If customers are shopping for a bag, it’s likely that they will also be interested in other goods that are related to the bag.
- Items of a certain type
- Products that are on sale – A collection that is exclusively on sale enables customers to browse in comfort at a lower price. Even better, you may divide this category into more manageable subgroups like “30% off,” “50% off,” or “Below $10“.
- Products in a specific color or size
- Seasonal goods, like holiday cards and decorations from the “Halloween Season” collection, are a good method to draw in customers. Give in to your clients’ enthusiasm for each season, no matter what your niche is.
- Product bundles – Including groupings of related products is a simple method to encourage buyers to make additional purchases.
What is the difference between Shopify Collection Page and the Product Catalog?
It’s crucial to make a distinction between your collection pages and your product catalogs when utilizing Shopify collections. Every store on Shopify has a page that includes every product that is currently on display. The file path for this is often /collections/all, and it contains the store in the product catalog.
Your collections, in contrast to your product catalog, only include specific products from your store that you have chosen and arranged in ways that make sense for your particular use case.
Best practices on the Shopify Collection page
Consider carefully how you want to group your products together before creating your collections. A Shopify collection page can assist to generate revenue and save you time and effort later on if you take the time to design your collections correctly the first time. When creating your Shopify collection list, bear the following essential elements in mind.
#1 Clean and tailor-made media
It is crucial to consider how you will persuade clients to peruse your collections. Linking to collections from your homepage is a good strategy. Use a stunning, captivating Shopify collection image that accurately depicts the collection itself to entice customers to a collection.
Use graphics and photography on your Shopify collection page to show your buyers exactly what to expect from a certain collection, taking a cue from Ridge’s everyday carry items.
#2 Remember to embed with product reviews (Shopify collections)
Showcase product reviews in your store because approximately 90% of customers say that internet reviews are just as reliable as personal recommendations.
Make sure that the reviews for each product are visible when presenting Shopify collection page. This engages your customer and may also make it easier for them to find what they’re looking for before they even get to a specific product page.
#3 Make it simple to find your collections (Shopify collections)
Similar to a physical store, some customers may visit your online store to browse and explore the inventory, while others may be looking for a specific item.
Set up your Shopify collections to direct clients to the area of your store they are looking for as you cannot physically do that.
Drop-down menus, subheadings, and useful product categories make it simple to access Outdoor Voices’ extensive product selection. While some collections, like “The Graphics Shop” aid buyers in finding particular products, others, like “OV Extra Sale” encourage them to take their time perusing a variety of goods.
#4 Use the changing seasons to your advantage
Even though it is vital to take your time when initially creating collections, it is equally crucial to remember to revisit them and make any necessary changes, deletions, and updates.
Maintain your shop’s vibrancy by strategically introducing new lines. It is only practical for retailers selling clothing to adapt their offerings to the changing seasons.
#5 Take advantage of Shopify product filtering and search
Even if you have done an excellent job of categorizing your products into collections, there may still be too many potential items in any given category for your buyers to easily peruse.
A “sale” collection, in which all discounted items are grouped together, is a terrific addition to a shop since customers can easily be keen on the selection and, if you show a comparison pricing, purchase the item at the best possible price.
Product Filter and Search is a useful tool for getting around this idea. Filtering a Shopify collection lets you show only the items that meet your users’ criteria.
If you’re having a Black Friday sale, for instance, you can choose to highlight simply the items currently on sale. Customers may easily sort your inventory by price, listing date, and other criteria with the click of a button.
In order to organize your product catalog and make browsing easy for customers, Shopify collections are a crucial tool. Increase your combo’s income and average order value for each online store visit by using the Shopify Collection Page.